I cannot wait for the Cowpens to pull into port. Although I'm enjoying the new adventure, it will be so much better with Mark. Yesterday I took advantage of the break in rainy weather and out in town and up again to Tokyo to discover neighborhood in the city. The first pictures here are of markets outside of base in Yokosuka. I can't wait to buy the local delicacies and practice cooking for those who visit. Who knows, with a little soy souce and wasabi, the items I discovered in the fish market could be great. I will have to look elsewhere for shoes though. These puppies were LL, the largest size the store carried. After getting to Tokyo I was hungry for lunch so went in to a small store and pointed to something on the menu. It ended up being some fried crab, a bowl of rice, some greens, and tofu soup or something. Everything but the soup was great. After lunch I headed for some more touristy things. The Imperial Palace was hard to get a glimpse of with the high rock wall around it, but you can get a sense of the residency. The 8 story department store I hit up was comprable to Saks or Macy's in NYC. Taking pictures of these high roller stores is as close as I'm willing to get.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Walking around Tokyo
I cannot wait for the Cowpens to pull into port. Although I'm enjoying the new adventure, it will be so much better with Mark. Yesterday I took advantage of the break in rainy weather and out in town and up again to Tokyo to discover neighborhood in the city. The first pictures here are of markets outside of base in Yokosuka. I can't wait to buy the local delicacies and practice cooking for those who visit. Who knows, with a little soy souce and wasabi, the items I discovered in the fish market could be great. I will have to look elsewhere for shoes though. These puppies were LL, the largest size the store carried. After getting to Tokyo I was hungry for lunch so went in to a small store and pointed to something on the menu. It ended up being some fried crab, a bowl of rice, some greens, and tofu soup or something. Everything but the soup was great. After lunch I headed for some more touristy things. The Imperial Palace was hard to get a glimpse of with the high rock wall around it, but you can get a sense of the residency. The 8 story department store I hit up was comprable to Saks or Macy's in NYC. Taking pictures of these high roller stores is as close as I'm willing to get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The "100 Yen Store" uh..the "dollar store"?? If so, I can speak Japanese!!! lol
Lunch looked great, but is there anything else besides fish? Where are the gnochi??
Thanks for the fix love.
Post a Comment