Saturday, January 31, 2009
Lessons Learned on a Saturday
So Mark has left for an underway and I've found myself looking for things to do. It's been rainy, cold and dreary for the past few days. Yesterday I spent most of the day on base. After a 3 hour traffic safety course, I passed the written portion of the driver's exam and take the behind the wheel test Thursday. Watch out Yokosuka, the Spitfire (our scooter) and I are about to reunite. Then i headed over to the library to refine my application for the position of Supervisory Recreational Specialist that is open- keep your fingers crossed- and then to the gym and commissary. Its always a puzzle, grocery shopping is. What exactly do we need and how can I fit it into my backpack? Being without wheels does increase the amount of times I hit up the grocery store each week- I feel like my Mommom who used to go to Shopping Bag everyday. Yesterday's wet bike ride home was enough to make me want to stay in today, but what to do? Marissa will be here on Tuesday so I thought about busting out the Magic Eraser and giving the place a good one over. Nah, there's always Monday- that way it will still have the clean pine-s0l smell for her. Oh the excuses not to clean. Well, I really need no excuses to not clean, I just flat out hate cleaning, but I do think about it a lot. So today I was looking for reasons not even to think about it. Mission Accomplished. And not that foot in the mouth, half assed Mission Accomplished Bushy boy declared on the USS Lincoln. This was Mission Accomplished USS New Jersey.
Just look at that fine craftsmanship and detail. This is the first and last model ship I have or will ever put together, but I do have a much greater appreciation for the ship itself. Not to mention the people like Mark's Uncle Jeff who has probably built himself a fleet of ships over the years. Even though Mark and I have previously toured the USS New Jersey, which is docked at the Camden Waterfront, I never understood the amount of firepower that was on the girl. This baby had more pieces than licks it would take to get to the center of that tootsie roll pop! I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Oh sure, 'Just consult the picture' I thought. Stick that here and clip this on there- do you see how many guns there on are this thing. No really, take a look, over 40 and that's just the single ones. Do you see how many guns are on the turret style type thingies? Not to mention the whole contraption in the middle that took forever to figure out. It was a true test of my patience. So a vile of blood, two applications of liquid skin, three Bandaids, four tis
sues, and 6 hours later I too was able to declare, Mission Accomplished. Next time I think I'll clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't worry sissy! You know I love to clean! We'll get the place spiffy when I get there! And I'm bringing some extra magic erasers!
You managed to build that whole ship in just 6 hours???
I say sit back and lick your wounds. Let Marissa do the cleaning : )
good times to come
Post a Comment