Friday, February 6, 2009

Sisters, Sisters

Marissa's here!! That means two things, well, more than two things but the first two things that come to mind are COMPANY and FAMILY!! The first picture here is of her standing on the platform right after we spotted each other. She took the train from Tokyo to Yokohama where I met her. I was early so I took my time getting to the platform and didn't expect to see her for another hour. I just happened to be looking behind me as I rode up the escalator and there was this American girl with her puffy First Down jacket looking around like a lost puppy. I was so excited to see her, I immediately teared up. We hugged and hugged on the platform as the asians looked at us like, yea, they're related. She's been here three days so far and it feels so good. I keep looking at her and saying, "I cannot believe you're here!" To think only a week ago she was on the other side of the computer screen looking at me saying, one more week. This other picture is of her in the kitchen making some dinner on the first night. I got a kick out of showing her how all the appliances worked. She made me laugh as she got confused over which door led where and almost tried to walk in the closet. (many doors look the same). I'm watching her now try to figure out how to open my windows and sliding doors to "let in a little more light." We're on a strict routine, so "you don't get all depressed while mark is gone." Up at 8, half hour walk finishing with 50 sit ups. Healthy breakfast. Possibly cleaning. Pack lunch and get out and about to sightsee. 4pm hit up the gym. By 6.30pm be on way home for healthy dinner, blogging, and possibly cleaning (again!??). I have lots of fun with her and I've been laughing a lot more than when I'm on my own, that's for sure. I hope I can show her a good time while she's here. It means so much to me that she's come to visit for some time. We haven't lived together since I was in high school and she was in 6th grade so this is an adventure in so many ways. Yesterday I was reminded how much she's grown up just from her tennis serve. She aced me twice! I look forward to growing up together just for the short time while she's here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't you blessed to have each other to love. Sisters are know each other better than friends and there is nothing like it.

Dana Paykos said...

I love reading these entries and looking at theses pix over and over! MWAH!!!