Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Glimpse at the Wildlife


This first picture is of Sophie, the Chappel's awesome dog, taking her stance on the cliff. The family has dubbed the cliff 'Pride Rock' as she sits here overlooking the bush like a Lioness over her kingdom. And boy does she have a lot to keep her eyes on. I have never seen so many different types of birds and bugs gathered together at the same time, ever. Colorful parrots, yellow haired cockatoos, geckos, lizards, wallabiess and kangaroos. Right after this picture was taken I called Sophie over to where I was sitting to give her a good scratch on the back. It could only have been 15 seconds before she darted into the yard giving me enough warning to turn around and catch a wallaby bouncing past the bushes with her in hot pursuit. FYI, wallabies are smaller than kangaroos. Don't feel bad, I didn't know the difference either. Next on the trip, I must find a koala.

No comments: