
Batten down the hatches, (well in my case, slide over the aluminum doors) it's about to get nasty! This is the first typhoon that we'll be going through. No, not
we as in Mark and me,
we, as in me and Tigger! For those of you who don't know, Mark and I adopted a Japanese Labrador in need of a home about two weeks ago. She is a great dog who lost her chance to go with her owners when they left last year cause she was overweight. Well, obese was the word her foster parent used. Apparently, they fed her everything except dog food causing her to get so heavy when the foster parent took Tigger, she said the dog had to rock to get from sitting to standing!

Ok, no fat jokes- we're a little sensitive. But, we're working on it. Two to three times a day (and recently any time the rain slows down from pouring to drizzling) we're out either walking or biking (I bike, Tigger trots) around the neighborhood.
Two weeks ago, Mark and I took her to the beach to see if she likes the water. I had very high hopes with this one, as my pup Sandy would have nothing to do with it except drink it. It was a success!! She didn't go in to the point of swimming but she did run

in neck deep after Mark along the breakers. Can't wait to get back to the water! I have only heard her bark a handful of times and it's mostly at school kids passing by- she was teased by kids at her last home. But, no need to worry about that anymore. She is in great hands! We haven't had a thunderstorm since she's been with us, so I'm wondering how she'll react to a Typhoon! Th

ey have canceled school and work for the base tomorrow- everyone is advised to stay in the residences. I'm going to use the day to catch up on the blog. It's funny how people and things- sorry, Mom- get neglected when Mark is home. We're too busy catching up on this or doing that or having new adventures that time gets away from me. Now that

Mark is gone until late November I have ample time to reflect back on the memories that were made and share in what's going through my head now a days.
No comments:
Post a Comment