The gas is turned on and the heaters fired up. The pillows and blankets are on the bed, the clothes are washed and in the dressers, the washer and dryer are hooked up, the bike is assembled, the fridge and freezer are installed and we've discovered we can 'borrow' wireless from a nice neighbor's connection. Ah, just like home. Well, almost. In our effort to simplify and downsize I think we went a little too far. As the movers brought our things and unpacked the boxes I was reminded of our overzealous let's pack lite strategy. Here is a video of Mark and I getting creative again in the kitchen. The pictures are from a stroll through the neighborhood of Ikedacho, our new home town. We ended the night back in Yokosuka with some friends from the Cowpens. They introduced us to the great Japanese art of Karaoke. The gentleman singing his heart out was the star of the night. He must have sung 4 or 5 songs while we were there. Not a bad way to practice your EngRish i guess.
This weekend has been relatively low key. Mr. Mark is not feeling well and has had a low grade fever, sneezing, coughing and an upset tummy. But he is a trooper. Last night the Cowpens had a Hail and Farewell for those who are new to the ship and those who are leaving. I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable affairs I've attended with the Navy to date. The wardroom is very friendly, jovial and close knit. I'm thankful that Mark is having a good experience on the Mighty Moo (Cowpens is the Thundering Herd). Hopefully this week is not too ardiuous and Mark can transition into two weeks of leave smoothly. We're headed to Kyoto for some sightseeing and mischief making. Surely some great stories to come.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mark looks like he's regressed to childhood playing with his Playskool tools in his Mommy's kitchen. I especially love the ingenious use of the feet! He should call little Ricky for some tips!!! Love you 2. mom d XXXXOOOO
You do what you gotta do to get to the beans! Actually, Mark did hammer the top of our dining room table. It was made of pine so the finish was destroyed! But I just called them memories on the good time table : )
It's like a lil piece of home when your things arrive, eh? love, love, love momma t
Post a Comment