Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life's Beam Curves for a Reason

More will be Revealed, but Only When I'm Ready
You know, I'm not sure what sparks my need to put thoughts and feelings on paper. Moreover, I'm not sure what makes me want to share them. I guess it's the egocentric part of me that thinks others give a damn about what I have to say. The other part of me thinks that reading my rambling thoughts and twisted logic can help someone else who has experienced loss and grief find comfort and feel normal. Either way, I've realized that, at the root of it, I have a need to capture my world for those I love and leave behind.

My family has endured three deaths in the past 9 months; my Uncle Gordon, my Uncle Bill, and my Dad. Those of you who know me, know that family history, legacies, stories, adventures, and personalities have been a strong force in my upbringing. A root that I love to honor and will do all
I can to protect. For if I do not nurture and protect these taproots, the distance my family or myself reach at the tips of our branches cannot be understood nor appreciated. So, once again I find myself getting back into "blogging". Bridging the gap since my last entry (2 years) can be summed up in one word; transformation.

Change would be too vauge, too cliche for the things that I've wittnessed, experienced, endured, and embraced. But transformation- that word to me embodies a process. And a process, albiet, each one unique, has gone in every aspect of my life; in my family life, my marriage, my spirit, my personal goals, my professional goals, my parenting goals.

No comments: