Ever since the flights were booked and the dates set, I've been anticipating the family's arrival. In the past three weeks, I've been blessed to have my Dad, Mom, and Aunt Louise come to visit, take in the sights, surround me with love, and leave me with some priceless memories. I miss them already. I've always heard that as you grow older your parents will become your friends. When I was told this, maybe at 18 I thought it would never be. Looking back over the years, I r
ealize this has been
coming true. We do more listening to each other instead of hearing, we laugh more, argue m
uch less, and help each other through tough times instead of being the source of tough times for each other. This trip was the most awesome time I've spent with my mom and dad. We did miss Marissa and Mark, but time just the three of us was something that we hadn't done in a very long time, if ever. Aunt Louise met my Dad and I mid week and because I still had work we were only able to get out and about a couple of the days. It was worth the wait- they were great days. Here is a picture of Aunt Weezie and I at one of the waterfalls in Nikko. That weekend we picked up my Mom at the airport and headed to a great hotel in Tokyo so we could be at the fish market when it opened early Monday morning. Mom battled the jetlag like a trooper. After saying goodbye to Aunt Louise we then headed to Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Nara for the rest of the week. We got home just in time to rest up for a few days before we climbed Mt. Fuji. I haven't posted in a while and I'm kicking myself because it's hard to capture all the great times all in one. So here is a snippet and there is more detail to come on our trips. Much love to all.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment